Sunday, April 7, 2013

Motivation

 
 
16 weeks!!
 
Today is the end of week 5 of the AMRv5K training plan.  I have struggled the last 2 weeks as I have gotten further along in my pregnancy to maintain my running.  As all mom's know its hard to juggle mommyhood and being a full time employee much less adding running/working out in there.  I've been exhausted to the point where I've had to call in reinforcements to give me 15 minutes so I can nap.  Being pregnant is no joke. 
 
I get frustrated with my inability at times to be able to do all the things I could do when not pregnant.  I get frustrated as I slow down.  I don't want to slow down.  I don't want to have to walk. 
 
 
When I get down I turn to my motivators.  My family, my son, motivating magazines, and the other mommy bloggers out there who struggle with the same things. 
 


 
 
 Somehow we all make it work.  We all manage to be supermom.  Even if that means some nights we are eating left overs, or maybe todays run will contain a few walk breaks.  That's ok.  I am working on being ok with that.  I read these magazines.  I play with my son, and I realize that being pregnant, slowing down, and growing a child is pretty amazing.  I look at my baby and realize I grew him, and that was worth all the sickness, and the slowing down, and the discomfort.  Now he's my favorite running buddy, and soon I'll have 2 little runners.  How lucky am I?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment