Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hot and humid workouts

Yesterday was 80+ degrees and it felt like you were walking through pea soup it was so humid.  I did take my son for two short walks, but there was no way I could get my pregnant butt to do cardio outside.  Last pregnancy I bought an elliptical on a whim.  Literally.  I decided I wanted one at 6pm on a sunday night by 8pm we had one being set up in our basement.  :)  I pumped out 45 minutes on the elliptical ranging between 4-11 for resistance.  Then I decided why not do some upper body weights.  I did 3 sets of 10 of bicep curls, rows, and overhead press.  I felt like it was a decent workout.  I did really want to be outside, but I knew the heat wasn't good for me to go hard outside.
Today I got out early and went for a run/walk.  I alternated 2 min run with 2 min walk.  I did fine until I got to 2.25 miles and then I got a killer side cramp.  I had to stop and stretch several times.  I guzzled some water and my son laughed as I stretched on the side of the road.  I love that he loves to go with me.  I walked the rest of the way home when it wouldn't subside so total of 2.45 miles.  Sometimes its just not happening.  I am glad that I got in the miles I did and that I didn't push it.  That's the last thing I need to do.  Running through this pregnancy means I have to adjust for the situation and listen to my body.  That is what is going to get me to the end in the best possible shape and hopefully still running.
On the run :)
Post workout in my oiselle tank (LOVE IT) and sparkly soul headbands(CANT LIVE WITHOUT)
 
Baby news:  Picked up her crib today!! 
 
Did you all run today??

No comments:

Post a Comment